Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Bachelor Button Cookies
1 cup no salt added butter
1. Remove butter from refrigerator and allow it to soften.
2. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Place butter in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, mixing until mixture is creamy.
2. Stir in chopped nuts until well blended. Stir in the salt.
3. Gently stir in flour, about a third of a cup at a time, blending well after each addition. Chill in refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until dough is pliable and no longer sticky.
4. Roll dough with your hands into balls the size of hickory nuts, making 36 balls. Roll balls in the granulated sugar.
5. Place balls on an ungreased baking sheet. Press a small hole in the middle of each ball, using one finger.
6. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Bake cookies 30 to 35 minutes, until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
*I chop my walnuts very fine in my coffee grinder so that they are hardly visible when I stir them into the dough. If you prefer to see the walnuts, you can chop them less fine; just avoid large chunks.