Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
(To prevent a skin forming on top of the pudding, cover the pudding with plastic wrap after it cools in the refrigerator. Keep refrigerated until serving time.)
1/4 cup sugar
1. Measure cornstarch into a bowl.
1. Place sugar and eggs into a 2 quart saucepan. Stir with a wire whisk until well combined. Add salt; stir to combine.
2. Pour milk into egg mixture; stir to combine well with wire whisk.
3. Add cornstarch mixture; stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Turn down heat and let mixture boil softly until thick, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat. Add vanilla. Stir to combine.
5. Using a 1-1/2 quart bowl or 5 individual custard cups, layer banana slices (1/4 inch thick) with pudding mixture, ending with pudding. Garnish with ground nutmeg. Refrigerate.