Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Butterscotch Cheesecake Bars
This recipe is from a 1983 issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine, modified by using unsalted margarine and nuts as well as low sodium graham cracker crumbs(110 mg. per serving) and cream cheese (35 mg. per serving). Delicious!
32 bars: 56 mg. sodium per bar
1 (11 oz) package butterscotch flavored morsels
1. Place cream cheese in mixing bowl to soften.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass pan).
2. In a medium size saucepan, melt butterscotch morsels and margarine. Stir in crumbs and nuts. Press 1/2 of the mixture on the bottom of the baking pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in milk, vanilla and egg. Mix well. Pour mixture into the pan; then tilt the pan to spread the mixture evenly. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool to room temperature. Put into refrigerator to cool. When ready to use, cut into bars. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.