Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Baked Garlic/Lemon Drumettes
This recipe offers an easy way to make baked drumettes tasty and tender.
10 drumettes (about 1-1/4 pound)
1. Remove large pieces of fat from drumettes (optional). Place in a bowl.
2. Combine thyme, pepper and salt in a bowl.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
2. Pour chicken broth into an 8 x 8 x 2 inch casserole dish.
3. Rub drumettes with oil. Place them into the casserole dish, remaining skin side up.
4. Spread seasonings evenly over the tops of the drumettes.
5. Sprinkle garlic evenly over the tops of the drummettes; then do the same with the lemon juice.
6. Bake drumettes for 50-55 minutes, uncovered, until cooked through. Remove from dish. These drumettes can be served with or without the sauce created in step number 7. Instead, the sauce can be served on top of mashed potatoes.
7. Pour liquid into a saucepan. Measure the cornstarch into a bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon liquid from the saucepan; stir to combine. Pour cornstarch mixture into the saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until thickened. Serve over drumettes or mashed potatoes.