Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms
Try this delicious combination of chicken, mushrooms and mustard sauce. This dish can be served over cooked rice or noodles, cooked without salt.
4 servings: 278 mg. sodium per serving
1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1. Combine thyme, pepper and salt in a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium low heat. Add chicken thighs. Cook until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
2. Add onion to the pan. Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add chopped mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms start to lose their liquid, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add thyme, pepper and salt. Stir to combine.
4. Add chicken broth mixture. Stir to combine. Return chicken thighs to the pan, turning once to coat with sauce. Bring sauce to a boil; reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes, covered. Remove chicken from the pan.
5. Combine cornstarch and water in a bowl. Add mixture to the pan. Stir until sauce thickens. Serve sauce over chicken.