Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Chicken with Rice
What is a recipe site without chicken with rice? Thanks to chicken's ability to absorb flavors, this no salt added version is as tasty and satisfying as its high salt cousins.
2 servings: 357 mg. sodium per serving
6 ounces cooked chicken breast, cut into small (1/4) inch pieces
1. Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, Tamari sauce, sugar, hot pepper sauce and ginger in a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken; stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken broth mixture. Stir until well combined..
4. Add rice; stir to combine. Bring to a boil; then simmer, uncovered, until the rice is has absorbed the liquid, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve, topping each serving with 2 Tablespoons of toasted almonds.