Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
4 servings: 161 mg. sodium per serving
1/4 cup water
2 slices low sodium bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1. Combine water, molasses, sugar and dry mustard in a bowl. Stir well to
1. Place beans in a 2 quart saucepan. Pour molasses mixture over the
2. While beans simmer, cook bacon in a stockpot or deep skillet over
3. Add beef and onion. Turn heat down to medium low. Cook until beef has lost its pink color, stirring often to break beef up into small pieces. Drain fat.
4. Add seasonings and cooked beans. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring often.
5. Add corn. Simmer 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.