Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Garlic Ginger Chicken
This dish can be served over cooked no salt added rice or noodles, making it a colorful and filling meal.
2 servings; 355 mg. sodium per serving
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Place onion, garlic and ginger into a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring often, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add herb/spices. Stir for a few minutes.
4. Add flour. Stir until completely combined.
5. Add chicken broth mixture. Stir until sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes.
7. Add chicken and green peas. Bring to a boil; then turn heat low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.