Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Orzo with Mushrooms
1. Combine onions, mushrooms and garlic in a bowl.
2. Combine chicken broth, pepper and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Heat oil in a 2 quart saucepan over medium low heat. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add orzo. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add spiced chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the orzo has absorbed all the broth and is tender.
4. Add Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Heat through and serve.