Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Oven Fried Chicken
If you have a baking rack, you can crisp both sides of this tasty dish by placing the baking rack on top of a shallow baking dish and putting the breaded chicken on the baking rack instead of on a greased baking dish. Bake in the oven at the time and temperature stated in the recipe.
4 servings; 191 mg. sodium per serving
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1. Place bread crumbs, herbs and spices in a small paper bag. Shake to combine. (A large plate can be used in place of a small paper bag for mixing the bread crumbs with the herb/spices, and then coating the chicken by rolling it in the bread crumb mixture.)
2. Lightly grease a shallow 8"x 8" x 2" baking dish with healthy oil.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place chicken on a flat surface. Cover both sides with the yogurt.
3. Place chicken, one piece at a time, into the paper bag. Shake to cover chicken with bread crumb mixture. Place on the greased baking dish.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Serve.