Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Combine thyme, pepper and salt in a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion slices and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add thyme, pepper and salt. Cook for 2 minutes more, stirring often. Remove onion mixture to side of pan.
3. Add salmon and brown briefly on all sides. Add wine, water and lemon juice mixture. Move onions evenly around the salmon.
4. Bring liquid to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer. Cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes, or until salmon is firm and flakes easily with a fork.
5. Remove salmon and onions from pan. Keep warm. Turn heat to medium and stir the wine sauce until it is reduced by half.
6. Divide salmon and onions evenly on 4 plates. Top with wine sauce. Serve.