Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
8 servings: 220 mg. sodium per serving
1/2 pound fresh spinach, or 1 (10 oz) package frozen no salt added spinach
1. Cook lasagna noodles for 10 minutes, omitting added salt. Drain; put back in pot with cold water to cool.
2. Wash spinach; spin dry. Steam spinach for 7 minutes. Drain well in a sieve. Place in a large bowl; chop with pastry cutter or two knives until well chopped. (If using frozen spinach, defrost, drain well in a sieve; place in large bowl; chop with pastry cutter or two knives until well chopped.)
3. Add cottage cheese, eggs and spices to spinach, beating well after each addition.
4. Drain cooled noodles; pat dry with paper towel.
5. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish. Cover with a layer of noodles.
3. Spread half of the spinach mixture evenly over the noodles. Then spread 3/4 cup pizza sauce over the spinach mixture. Top with 4 ounces mozzarella cheese.
4. Add another layer of noodles. Repeat step 3.
5. Add a final layer of noodles. Spread the remaining pizza sauce over the noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Cover and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover lasagna; bake 10 more minutes.
7. Remove from oven; let sit for 5 minutes before serving.