Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Stove Top Tofu
This tasty dish can serve as a filling lunch or dinner. It might even please those who claim they do not like tofu
1. Place onion and garlic into a bowl.
2. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Break spaghetti noodles into thirds. Cook according to package directions, without salt. Drain, rinse and set aside.
2. While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium low heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add mushrooms. Stir to combine. Cover the pan; turn heat down to low and cook until mushrooms start to lose their liquid, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add spinach. Stir to combine. Cover pan and cook until spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes, stirring often.
5. Sprinkle mixture with pepper. Stir to combine. Add tofu pieces. Stir to combine again.
6. Add Tamari sauce. Stir to combine. Cook for two minutes, stirring often.
7. Add cooked noodles. Stir to combine. Cook for two more minutes to heat through, stirring often. Serve.