Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Stove Top ChickenThighs with Yoghurt Sauce
The blend of spices combined with the lemon juice and yogurt sauce give this dish a rich, luscious taste. Who needs lots of salt?
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Combine black pepper and next 3 ingredients in a bowl.
2. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Rub both sides of chicken with black pepper mixture.
2. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium low heat. Add chicken, smooth side down. Cook for 3 minutes, until chicken is brown. Turn chicken over; cook 3 more minutes to brown second side.
3. Pour lemon juice evenly over the chicken pieces. Cover pan. Turn heat down to simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from pan. Add yogurt. Stir to combine. Bring yogurt mixture to a simmer. Return chicken to pan, turning chicken to coat both sides. Cover pan and let simmer 5 minutes.
5. Remove chicken. Sprinkle yogurt mixture with cornstarch; stir with a wire whisk to combine. Continue to stir until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Serve yogurt sauce over four servings of chicken.