Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Tuna Potato Casserole
3/4 pound russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1. Cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil; then turn heat down and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash half of the potatoes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium low heat. Add onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add seasonings; stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add milk. Stir to combine.
5. Add mashed potato. Stir until sauce is smooth. Add whole potatoes. Cook stirring often, until sauce has thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Add tuna. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
7. Bake casserole for 20 minutes. Garnish with chives. Serve.