Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Asparagus and Green Bean Salad
4 servings; 115 mg. sodium per serving
1 pound asparagus (about 12 stalks)
1. Combine rice vinegar with the next 6 ingredients.
2. Finally grind the pecans.
3. Break off the tough ends of the asparagus. Remove tips and strings from beans.
1. Steam the asparagus and beans in a large steamer until just tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from steamer pan and place in ice cold water for a minute or so to stop further cooking.
2. Dry asparagus and beans well with paper towels. Place in a large bowl.
3. Stir rice vinegar mixture. Pour over the asparagus and beans; stir gently to cover vegetables well.
4. Place asparagus and beans onto a platter, leaving excess dressing in the bowl. Sprinkle 2 to 3 teaspoons of the finely ground pecans evenly over the vegetables.
5. Cover salad; refrigerate for 1/2 hour. Serve.