Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Chicken Noodle Soup
I use rotini noodles for this savory soup, but any short pasta that can easily fit onto a soup spoon will do.
2 ounces low sodium bacon, cut into small (1/2 inch) pieces
1. Combine onion and green onions in a bowl.
2. Combine mustard, pepper and salt in a separate bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Cook noodles according to package directions, without salt added. Drain, rinse and set aside.
2. While noodles cook, heat a small stockpot over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook bacon until it is lightly browned, stirring often.
3. Add onion and green onion to stockpot. Stir to combine. Turn heat down to low. Cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add mustard, pepper and salt. Stir to combine.
5. Add chicken. Stir to combine.
4. Add chicken broth. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil; turn heat down to simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
5. Add spinach. Stir to combine. Simmer, uncovered, until spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add cooked noodles. Stir to combine. Heat for several minutes, until noodles are hot, stirring occasionally.
7. Divide soup evenly between two soup bowls. Serve.