Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
4 servings; 386 mg. sodium per serving
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Place onion, green bell pepper and cabbage in a bowl.
1. Heat oil over medium low heat in a medium stockpot. Add onion, green bell pepper and cabbage. Cook gently, stirring often, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add seasonings and tomatoes with juice. Stir to combine. Bring to a soft boil; turn heat down and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add broth and meat balls; stir gently until meatballs are mostly submerged in the broth. (They will not be completely covered.) Bring liquid to a boil. Turn heat to simmer; simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. While soup simmers, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain. Do not rinse. Set aside.
3. When soup has simmered for 30 minutes, add cooked noodles. Simmer 10 more minutes, uncovered. Serve.