Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Navy Bean with Kale Soup
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Place onion and garlic in a bowl.
2. Combine Italian seasoning, black and lemon peppers and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often, until onions are tender.
2. Add spices. Stir to combine. Add half of the beans, half of the kale, the tomato sauce and half of the broth. Bring to a soft boil. Turn heat down and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Blend in a blender until smooth.
3. Pour blended part of soup back into the sauce pan. Add the remaining beans, kale, and broth. Bring to a boil; then turn heat down to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.