Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Turkey Noodle Soup
The low sodium content of this recipe depends on the use of turkey that has been cooked without salt, such as moist leftover Thanksgiving turkey breast that has been basted with healthy oil and no sodium added spices instead of salted butter. If dark turkey meat is used instead, the total sodium content per serving is 270 mg.
2 servings: 257 mg. sodium per serving
1. Place chopped celery, carrot and onion in a bowl.
1. Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a stockpot. Add celery, carrot and onion. Cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add spices and lemon juice. Cook for two more minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add chicken broth, noodles and peas. Flatten noodles with a spoon to cover with broth.
4. Bring liquid to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer until noodles are cooked, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add turkey. Heat through for about 2 minutes. Serve.