Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Vegetable Chicken soup
This colorful soup has no need for added salt: the reduced sodium tamari sauce adds enough taste to make it a delicious light lunch or dinner.
2 servings: 373 mg. sodium per serving
1 Tablespoon peanut oil
1. Combine carrots, onions and ginger in a bowl.
1. Heat oil over medium low heat in a stockpot. Add carrots, onions and ginger. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add chicken. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add chicken broth, bean sprouts and Tamari sauce. Bring to a soft boil; turn heat to simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
4. Heat noodles. Divide noodles evenly into the bottom of two soup bowls; pour soup over noodles. Serve.