Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Leftover Pork Roast with Fruit
When served over no salt added rice, this dish serves as a complete meal for only 227 mg. of sodium. The left-over pineapple chunks can be used in recipes such as low sodium chicken salad.
3 servings: 227 mg. sodium per serving
1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks, packed in pineapple juice
1. Drain all of the pineapple juice into a bowl. Cut up enough pineapple chunks to make 1/3 cup.
1. Heat oil in 9 inch skillet. Add green bell pepper and onion. Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add pork. Cook until hot, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Turn heat up to medium and cook until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add pineapple chunks, nectarine and peach pieces. Heat through for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn heat down to simmer while heating rice.
4. Heat left-over rice. Divide evenly among 3 plates. Spoon pork mixture in equal portions over rice; sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve.