Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Leftover Meat Patties in Tomato Sauce
(This recipe is a variation on Leftover Sweet Sour Meat Patties.)
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Place chopped onion, green bell pepper and garlic in a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, green bell pepper and garlic. Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add herb/spice mixture. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add leftover meat and corn. Stir until well combined.
4. Add tomato sauce. Stir until well combined. Bring mixture to a bubbling point. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Can serve over no salt added cooked rice or noodles.